July 31, 2018 | Lisa Ju
As temperatures continue to rise throughout the summer months, a lot of us oily-skinned girls suffer from the bane of all makeup struggles .. having foundation slide off your nose by early to mid-day. Follow this makeup artist hack to keep your foundation intact throughout the summer heat.
- Apply face primer to your entire face as you usually do, but leave your nose bare
- Apply a thin layer of MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot ($22) to your nose – make sure you press the product into your nose as opposed to spreading/wiping product. You may use your fingers. The pressing technique will get the product deep into your pores (without clogging your pores), giving your nose a good base, preventing your foundation from slipping and sliding. Remember, the less product the better when it comes to summertime makeup application (less product, less room for slippage)
- Apply foundation to your face as usual, and set with a setting powder and a setting spray.
PS – This technique also helps with those annoying marks sunglasses/glasses leave on the bridge of your nose. You can thank me later.
Color selection tips:
- Soft Ochre if you have more of a yellow skin tone
- Painterly if you have more of a pink skin tone